Monday 6 June 2011

MY FAITH HAS BEEN AMPLY JUSTIFIED- "zorro unmasked"

Sunday, June 5, 2011

MY FAITH HAS BEEN AMPLY JUSTIFIED

I do NOT QUALIFY to call myself a religious man, but I do think I have a religious sense of commitment to things I believe in. Some two years ago, I felt the slogan 'Pas For All' had a relevance to Malaysian politics that transcended the apparent opportunism of that phrase. How can a party whose membership is composed of Muslims only, be "for all" Malaysians.

But upon meeting, working alongside with and thus appraising some of the Pas leaders, like
Nik Aziz, Mat Sabu, Dr Dzul, Khalid Samad, Mahfuz Omar, Husam Musa, Salahuddin, Nizar and Dr Hatta, I felt that the slogan was inspirational politics, not rank opportunism.

Why? I have never come across a better definition of faith than St Paul's. In one of his epistles he describes faith as the
"substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

If you conclude that many things in this country are in a rotten state and you see the earnestness and integrity of the people named above in wanting to change things, you have before you the "substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Our dreams of a restoration of our country to the promises of the Merdeka proclamation, of which the main Piped Piper is Anwar Ibrahim, cannot be realized if we do not enlist the help of people like the leaders of Pas named above.

Therefore when they say 'Pas For All" and when their party puts people like them at its helm, I say my faith in the "substance of things hoped for" -- an egalitarian Malaysia -- and in "the evidence of things unseen" -- a Malaysia where fervent Muslims and non-Muslims join hands in making this country a cynosure among multicultural nations -- is hugely justified.

For More, go to "zorro unmasked"

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTE: We do not live in a Legal vacuum.
A pseudonym/ nickname with comments would be much appreciated.